Small Office Setup
Small Office Network Setup, Network cable laying, Server setup, file sharing, printer setup
Is your office currently networked? If so, is it being properly maintained? DATAMINE Network Solutions can assist you in the design and implementation of your small office network.
Networking the computers in your office is simple, inexpensive, and offers tremendous benefits,such as:
- Sharing Printers: Save money by buying just a couple of printers that everyone can share.
- File Sharing: Setting up a file server provides a central location for your company's critical data, which allows multiple people to use it, and makes back ups much easier and more reliable.
- Security: can be set up to ensure that sensitive data is protected. A secured, locked-up network server is much safer than a desktop computer for storing sensitive data like payroll and accounting records. Any PC that can be physically touched can be compromised. Storing all of the data on a server takes the sensitive data off the desktop PCs.
- Internet Access: Networked computers can access the Internet and email. Email can be a great tool within your company, as well as when dealing with the outside world.
- Data Backup: All of your critical business files can be backed up from any computer at any time, ensuring that if you have any systems breakdown, your important files can be restored quickly and easily.
It's really a great time to build a network if you don't already have one. Wireless networks are available which operate on the same principles as cordless telephones. This eliminates unsightly wires and allows freedom of movement. Standard network cabling and cards are extremely affordable and can be set up quickly.
You can have your office computers connected to the network via normal wired network cable, and those on the move can have their laptops accessing the network/internet via wireless network cards already embedded into their laptops. Every computer and laptop can easily access the network printers at any time, thus reducing the amount of printers required in your office.
Watch the productivity levels in your office grow when everyone can perform their tasks in a more professional time frame, without having their work flow interrupted by colleagues who also require access to files on the main computer.
Another important advantage of having a safe and secure network implemented is that you can then have all of your user's critical data stored on the server, instead of their individual machine. This data can then be included in a daily backup routine managed from the server, which takes place automatically during non-core business hours. File permissions can be granted on a per-user basis i.e. only management staff has access to sensitive files such as salaries and confidential business files.
To learn more about how you can make your small office more productive and secure, and enjoy the benefits of data security and backup, contact DATAMINE Network Solutions today, and allow us to make your complete small office network.